Friday, April 13, 2007

It's Iron Man Day.

So I'm sure a lot of you have seen this already, but I needed an excuse to post these pictures. I mean, they were just sitting there in my folder begging to see the light of day.

If you hadn't heard Jon Favreau is directing an Iron Man movie starring Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Ol' Shell Head. Gwynneth Paltrow (I can't be bothered to see if I spelled that right) is set to play Tony's gal Pepper.
So have a look at these pictures from Iron Man's first appearance in Tales of Suspense 39..
Tales of Suspense 39 Iron Man Is Born!

Now have a look at this newly released first picture from the flick..
IronManGreySuit
That's a mighty impressive real life interpretation.

Of course, I'm sure it won't take too long before they have him in the Adi Granov inspired armor..
ironman_onesheet

However, we can only hope we get to see a faithful recreation of this scene before he changes..
ironman_thud

And while I'm here and talking about Iron Man, here are two sketches I did.
ironman_whatwhat_sm mightavengersironman_sm
The second one was intended to be part of a review I wrote for Mighty Avengers #1.

The joke I wanted to draw though turned out to be a lettering nightmare, so I don't know if I'll ever finish it.
If there's a competent (or even semi-competent) letterer out there that'd like to help me out, by all means, drop me a line.
Okay, I think I'm all Iron Man-ed out.

No comments: