Progressive Boink gives us the 40 Worst Rob Liefeld drawings.
"A fun Liefeld drinking game: take a shot for every pouch he draws on a character. Oh great, now you have alcohol poisoning."
Friday, November 30, 2007
Evel Knievel has died.
"They started out watching me bust my ass, and I became part of their lives," Knievel said. "People wanted to associate with a winner, not a loser. They wanted to associate with someone who kept trying to be a winner."
I think that's the important thing. You just have to keep trying.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Inking and coloring a picture completely takes the fun out of drawing for me.
I'm not particularly good at either and so I always end up with these "finshed" pieces that I know could be better if more talented individuals handled those other two aspects.
Also, I never feel like I can get anything to scan and look anything like it looks on paper.
I sincerely wish I knew how real artists do it.
Monday, November 26, 2007
I'm sure we've already discussed this, but if you're ever given a chance to be granted the wish of becoming any fictional character can we all agree you must (read : must) choose Bugs Bunny?
I don't think I really need to go into why, but I will.
1) You can't beat him. You may be able to get the better of him momentarily, but in the end he's always going to win. It's always going to be Duck Season if you try to stick it to Bugs.
2) a. He's funny.
b. He's a dick. Which means not only is he going to win in the end, he's going to make fun of you and make you look like a total ass in the process.
3) Unlike Batman, Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Freddie Mercury, and whatever other badass fictional character you're thinking of, he's never going to die.
4) He looks surprisingly hot in drag. This will come in handy a lot more often than you might think.
5) He doesn't take himself too seriously.
6) He's a stinker.
7) This is my final thought on the matter (though I know I'm leaving lots of good reasons out) and I think it sums up why he's the only choice. He basically believes in three things : Carrots, sticking up for the little guy, and fucking with people. I do not believe it gets much better than that.