Friday, April 04, 2008

There is a light that never goes out..

Ring real big.
Hal’s a regular guy. You hear people say, ‘Ah, Hal Jordan is too perfect.’ Are you kidding, me? This guy makes mistakes all the time. And he mistakes for the wrong reasons. He has this fire inside him where he’s got to prove to himself that he can do this. And sometimes he’s so intent in overcoming fear; everything else falls by the wayside. And that all stems from him as a kid hearing, ‘You’re not going to fly like your dad did.’ ‘Yes, I am.’ So he’s always having to prove himself. With Parallax and everything else, he is still doing it. At that same time though, he’s got a confidence about him. ‘I can do it. Just let me try. Please let me try. I may screw up one way, but I’ll get it done.’ And I really respond to that kind of character.

It’s all about having the guts to just say, ‘Alright, you know what. I am going to go and if I screw up, I will screw up and fall on my face, but at least I am trying.’ He always does that. This is happening, ‘Well let’s go.’ ‘What’s the plan?’ ‘I will figure it out. I will probably figure it out a second after I should have but hopefully it will happen.’ And to me, that’s Hal Jordan and I think that’s pretty admirable.” - Geoff Johns on Hal Jordan via CBR

I think that's pretty admirable too.

No comments: