Monday, January 27, 2003

Ok, now for my thoughts on the trailer for the new Matrix flicks. I'm not that impressed. Yeah, the some of the fighting stuff looks pretty cool, but a lot of it looks really CGI.. really obvious CGI. And even some of the scenes that weren't fight stuff looked like really bad CGI. I'm sure this could be because it's not the finished product, and I honestly hope that that is the case and that these flicks are going to come out and totally knock me on my "A", but at this point I'm not counting on it. I mean, one of the coolest things about "The Matrix" was that it all seemed really grounded in a realistic view of the world. Fantastic and unbelieveable things happened, but they happened in a realistic context and in such a manner that it seemed somehow believeable. Yes, the fights in the first movie seemed (and would be) impossible, but at least it looked like (and for the most part) it was the actors themselves actually doing the fighting and not computer generated versions of them. So yeah, that's my piece for now. I'll check back in later if I have more, but I'd be more than happy to hear from any of you on the subject.

No comments: