Sunday, May 11, 2008

I'm leavin'..


No matter what any couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the movie-critics tell you, Speed Racer was absolutely incredible.
Not only was every frame of this movie visually arresting, but the story and cast made it so much more emotionally resonant and engaging than that other big movie dreamed of being.
I know the box office tally won't reflect this, but I just think this was a better movie.
I cared about the characters, the races were exhilirating, the fights were both animated and incredible, and there were multiple times I felt tears welling up in my eyes.
Don't get me wrong, I still think Iron Man was great, but I don't mind telling you I'd much rather see Speed Racer again.
And again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hated...

that I couldn't watch Speed Racer again immediately after I'd finished watching it the first time.

I. LOVED. THAT. MOVIE.

M.Sea said...

It was okay to me. I thought it dragged at some points and that it was a little long.

april said...

if a movie about racing cars can get me to like it, that says something.

Lighthouse Pilot said...

I saw it 3 times and it got "awesomer" each time. Mathew Fox is freaking fantastic. Everyone was freaking fantastic. The Mach 5 was freaking fantastic. Have I mentioned it was freaking fantastic?