Wednesday, October 01, 2008

He's for every one of us..



Art by the amazing John Martz at RobotJohnny.com & colors by me.
As is usually the case, I couldn't decide which version I liked better, so here are both.

I colored and posted this for three reasons.
1) I find great joy in doing simple little coloring jobs like this.
2) I wanted to point you towards RobotJohnny.com if you weren't already aware.
3) News broke this morning that The CW has ordered a pilot for a Smallville style show about Robin before he was Robin called The Graysons.

Anyone have thoughts on any of this?

3 comments:

Jason Quinones said...

that graysons bit sounds very CW.

great colors on both but i prefer the more muted colors of the 2nd one

chrishaley said...

Jason - Yeah, I'm not going to hold my breath for it, but if it's good I'll be happy to watch it. I'm sure I've mentioned this in passing on here before, but it is important for people to know that I LOVE Robin.
It's like Batman is completely badass and dark and cool and I think he is great, but Robin is totally awesome, because he does all the same stuff Batman does, but he does it wearing a brightly colored circus uniform!
And he's a kid!
And he makes jokes!
That's just appeals to me more, I guess.
I mean, Spider-Man is basically a rip-off of Robin.
Robin was doing Spider-Man's schtick like 20 years earlier.
That's no indictment of Spidey though, I mean, I love him too, and who he is as Peter Parker (and the problems involved with being Pete) is what makes him a unique/original character.

Anyway, my point is Robin = awesome!
If you haven't read Robin : Year One you definitely need to do so.

chrishaley said...

Jason - Oh, also, I think I agree with you about liking the half-tone version better. The half-tone doesn't come across as well in the smaller version, but I think it reads well when clicked upon.