Monday, August 06, 2007

I think there may well be.

Don't you hate it when you see something that has been made by (what you would assume are) professionals that looks absolutely awful.
I'm looking at a calendar I bought at a store.
This calendar was mass produced, which means it had to go through any number of people for approval before it was released, and yet here it is.
Staring at me.
Ugly as the devil's face.
I see things like this and it makes me wish the people in charge of "things" would call me up before they send whatever it is they make out to an unsuspecting populace.
While it's true that I'm currently employed as a professional graphic designer, I don't have any better design sense now than I did when I was working in retail.
I guess my point (and I'm not sure if I have one) is that the world of mass produced crap would look a lot more pleasing to the eye if I were consulted more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um... to properly agree, i'm going to need to see photographic evidence of said "ugly devil's face" calendar.