Monday, March 19, 2007

Continuational!

Long Story Short Pier article
Incredibly, another site took notice of our (April & I) Supergirl in talking about Supergirl Week at Project Rooftop.

This article from Long Story Short Pier actually speaks directly to the Scott Pilgrim comments on my approach to the drawing... which in case I haven't said as much before, was very intentional.
I don't know how much of a demand for me to get all explanational on my own art there is, but Bryan Lee O'Malley's artwork on the Scott Pilgrim books is a perfect example of fun, approachable artwork. Girls I know who don't care one iota for comics love the Scott Pilgrim books, so I figured that was a good angle to approach a fun, girl-friendly Supergirl.
I don't know if that makes sense in writing, but it does in my head.

Of course, at the moment my head is full of prescriptions for my hurt shoulder so this may all be a far cry from comprehensible.

1 comment:

april said...

it makes perfect sense to me :)