Monday, January 03, 2005

I saw The Phantom of the Opera tonight. I liked it. I didn't care for parts of it. I'd give it a 67,845 on a scale of 1 to 100,000.

The last I read, the death toll from the tsunami/tidal waves/earthquakes was over 125,000.
I'm sure the number is even higher by now. Where's the 9/11-style public outpouring from the celebrities etc. urging us all to help these people? Where's their benefit CD and concert and whatever else?
I read somewhere that medicine and aid is being rushed "as fast as possible" to the victims/survivors, but that the ratio of people in need to medicine and supplies is so one sided the people trying to give the aid are left asking who to give it to.
Who should get it first?
Should they just form a line and hope they make it to the front of the queue before they die?
Where does the wisdom to make these kinds of decisions come from?

No comments: